According to the Petapixel, USA bans cameras, drones, laptops and other electronic gadgets as carry-on items for planes from 10 airports in 8 countries. The new ban rules took effect from 21st of March 2017. Currently, restrictions will last until October 14th, 2017.
The List Of Affected Countries And Airports
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates.
The 10 Affected Airports
- Queen Alia International Airport (AMM)
- Cairo International Airport (CAI)
- Ataturk International Airport (IST)
- King Abdulaziz International Airport (JED)
- King Khalid International Airport (RUH)
- Kuwait International Airport (KWI)
- Mohammed V International Airport (CMN)
- Hamad International Airport (DOH)
- Dubai International Airport (DXB)
- Abu Dhabi International Airport (AUH)
According to the United States officials USA bans cameras and electronic gadgets not because of any new threat but in response to intelligence that terrorists are continuing to work on ways to target commercial airlines by “smuggling explosives in portable electronic devices” in a manner that’s hard to detect (e.g. things placed inside of the device’s battery).
At very least passengers still will be able to bring their cameras and other electronic devices to the USA, but only in the checked in baggage. Mind this if you are planning on traveling to the United States with your high-tech camera, drone or laptop.
Thank you for reading!