Drone community has been buzzing about drone propeller guards since DJI has released them. Of course, there was a lot of skepticism going on about it. And that is not a surprise because DJI is asking $159 USD for the set of the Mavic propeller guards. The good thing though is that they brought up another, more affordable option that will cost only $15 bucks.
Here is a short video we’ve made with the both kinds of Mavic propeller guards. This is not a full in-depth review, but you can get the idea on how safe the propeller cages actually are.
Finally, it all comes down to one simple question: Do you need it?
- If you are first-time drone pilot – Yes
- If you only fly in open areas with no obstacles around – No
- If you want to fly indoors – Yes
- If you want to fly in the forest – Yes
- If you want to fly longer – No
- If you want to hand-catch your Mavic – Yes
- If you want to fly close to people – Yes
Thank you for watching!
Don’t forget to subscribe to our Youtube Channel and Facebook for more cool videos, tests, reviews and other interesting stuff about drones!